Monday, May 17, 2010

Some good news!

I love how alive scripture is! I can read the same verse 50 times and each time it applies to me in a new way. Last week, after our sad ultrasound, this verse was in my devotional.

"Each time he said, 'My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.' So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

I never understood that verse. How can you boast about your weakness? But, now I think I am getting a teeny tiny taste of what Paul meant. I have been so excited to know that God is going to use this situation to make me a better person and to show me how incredible He really is!

Now, on to the update...

I went in Friday and again this morning to get my hCG levels checked. HCG is the pregnancy hormone and if the pregnancy is progressing like it's supposed to, the hormone levels should double every 48 hours. So, we won't know anything for sure until tomorrow when we see if they've doubled between Friday and today. But, the nurse said that my levels on Friday were high! (Insert middle-school-girl-squeal here) That was such good news! I could tell that the nurse didn't want us to get our hopes up but, I'm fully confident that there is a baby in there somewhere, just waiting to show itself to the world! Is this any indicator of how stubborn my child may be? :) In fact, I'm so confident that we're having this baby that Thursday we went shopping and I came home with 5 baby books to start our baby's library. :) I feel too pregnant to not be. I've been queasy almost constantly and Nick can tell you that my hormones have been out of control. Poor guy! He's so understanding and sweet! We've still got to wait one more week for the ultrasound, but we're pressing on! Thank you for your continued prayers and encouragement! We love you all!

P.S. If you ever have to give blood and the nurse looks angry, go home and give blood another day. An angry lady with a needle hurts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment