Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Levels went up!

I was shocked when my nurse called and said that my levels only went up to 18,000. I was expecting them to be at least 27,000 since we thought they would double. But, my doctor wasn't alarmed. She said once they are as high as 13,000, they don't expect to see them rise so drastically. I still wasn't convinced and did some research and found this interesting website.

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/duringpregnancy/hcglevels.html

It was comforting to read that in week 6 (which I'm just now in since my due date was probably wrong) the levels should be between 1,000 and 56,000! What a range! I also read that by week 6 or 7, it could take up to 84 hours for the numbers to double. We'll know for sure at the next ultrasound, but so far so good! I'm just going to keep thanking God for this baby!

1 comment: